Remove glue and chewing gum can be a hard task to perform without the right tools, here you will find some handy tips how to resolve these sticky situations.
Removing glue, silicone and sticky tape residue form glass, laminated and metallic surfaces
- Carefully remove excess glue using a scraper without scratching the surface. You can use a non-scratching scraper SKRAPR. Some glass surfaces can be scraped with a razor scraper like a Triumph Scraper.
- Spray Citro-Clean Multi-purpose on the affected area and let sit for a minute, wipe with a paper towel or a clean cloth, repeat the process if necessary.
Removing glue, chewing gum, sticky tape residue and candle wax from fabrics and carpets
- Using a SKRAPR remove excess, making sure not to damage the actual material
- Spray Citro-Clean Multi-purpose on the affected area and let sit for 3 to 5 minutes depending on the amount of glue or chewing gum that you want to remove. The glue or chewing gum will become soft.
- Using the SKRAPR proceed to remove the glue or chewing gum, wipe clean the SKRAPR with a paper towel. Depending on the kind and quality of the material and the amount of glue or chewing gum one will probably need to repeat the process until all sticky substance is completely removed.
Caution – Before you attempt to remove glue and chewing gum from any surface:
- Always test the chemicals in a small area
- Do not use chemicals in a confined area, make sure there is always enough ventilation
- Do not use Citro-Clean Multi-purpose on plastic or hand painted surfaces
- Always use gloves, safety googles and P2 respirator when using solvents